Wiseway Supply is looking for a proven contributor to join our Accounting Team as an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The ideal candidate is an experienced AR person who has strong collection skills, is extremely organized, has good interpersonal skills and provides great customer service. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods and services completed by the organization.
Positon: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location/Department: Florence, KY – Wiseway Headquarters Office
Reports to: VP, Accounting
Hours: Monday – Friday/8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summary of Job: Responsible for accurately recording payments received by customer, verify cash receipts from branches and assist credit manager with collection of accounts.
- Collect on accounts; invoice reminders and communication with customers via phone, email, or mail
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, ACH and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software
- Scan checks for deposit and reconcile to daily cash receipts journal report
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments and customers
- Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries
- Resolve invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedure
- Communicate with outside sales team and branch managers regarding special billing situations, payment resolutions and invoicing discrepancies
- Versatile in working with various customer portals to download payment advice and invoice status
- Review the accounts receivable aging report daily for past due invoices, non-applied payments at branches and non-applied credits